Where there are people, there’ll be rats. Rats live where humans live since they’ve learned through the ages people may provide them resources – if they’re welcomed or not.
Food and shelter are crucial for survival and rats get them for free living in the home with reluctant human owners. However we keep our houses clean to keep rodents out, but sometimes there are rodents lurking in the shadows, and then the house isn’t clean anymore. In actuality, we’ve devised some ingenious methods of trapping and eliminating rats.
Rats are big rodents compared to their close cousin the mouse. They can grow to be between 8-16 inches long and approximately ten ounces in weight. They generally hide in the loft, between the walls or down in the ceiling. They are nocturnal creatures which eat nearly everything edible. Rats may also reproduce quickly producing six to twelve offspring in under a month. In just a few months, these young rats can create another set of offspring.
Eliminating rats may also prevent you and your family to catch diseases carried by these large rodents. They also have caused fire and other accidents because of their mindless gnawing and chewing cables, wires, and other damages to property. If neglected, rats can become the number one annoying pests in your dwelling.
1. You don’t want your food to get contaminated with rats’ waste so store them properly. Keep your place free from food crumbs to avoid attracting rats.
2. Check your place for any holes or passage ways that rats can use to enter your residence. You may block these entry points with steel wool or caulking for the time being. Eliminate unnecessary clutter or storage in attics and closets to discourage rats to hide inside them.
3. Most individuals would hire their community pest control to manage rats in their houses. But should you not have the means, then it’s possible to consult the neighborhood hardware store to receive the best rat traps offered on the marketplace. Utilizing chemical pesticides can be dangerous if you’re careless.
4. After killing some rats, expect to have dead carcass or Skunk Poop around your residence. Locate them immediately and use appropriate plastic gloves and other protective gears in disposing dead rats.
5. Use preventive tools to repel rats away
There are lots of rat repellents out there in the groceries today like ultrasonic rat repellents. Choose one that’s safe for you. For natural repellents place mint plants in access doors and windows or pour pure peppermint oil on cotton balls until soaked to deter rats. The scents are too strong for their sensitive noses.
Rats can be placed under control with the perfect methods you do. You’re simply protecting your health and property in eliminating rats. The sooner you manage the rats, the lesser chances they’re staying with you.